Sandown Park Hospitality
Sandown Park provides a wide variety of dining options and bars. Among its top restaurants are
- Tingle Creek Restaurant, which offers fine dining with an à la carte menu and with excellent views of the racecourse and winning post; advance booking is advised (01372 47 77 47)
- Loch Fyne Seafood Bar & Grill, which offers excellent fish and shellfish, including its famous Scottish smoked salmon and oysters; no advance bookings are accepted
A family picnic area is situated below the grandstand, next to the track. Race-goers are welcome to take picnics into this area, although food and drink can’t be taken into other areas of the racecourse.
Corporate Entertaining: Private Boxes and Private Suites
Sandown Park hospitality facilities include private boxes in four categories. Each box has a private balcony, as well as a racing television, air conditioning and easy access to toilets and tote betting facilities. A smart casual dress code is encouraged.
Eclipse Pavilion private boxes are available in three sizes – Single, Double or Triple – and accommodate up to 16, 32 or 48 seated guests.
Grandstand Boxes are situated on the second floor of the grandstand, and seat up to 12 guests.
The Imperial Box is located right on the finishing line, close to the Member’s Restaurant. It seats up to 18.
The Royal Box, usually reserved for the race day committee and other dignitaries, is available for hire on certain race days. It is located on the finishing line, with excellent views of the racing, and has private lift access. It seats up to 60. For this box, a smart dress code is encouraged.
As well as private boxes, Sandown Park hospitality facilities include the following private suites:
- Bendigo Suite – on the first floor of grandstand, with seating for 50, direct access to grandstand seating and the Parade Ring Viewing Terrace, a full bar, plasma screen television and a tote betting facility inside the suite.
- Gold Cup Suite – in the middle of the grandstand, and with three categories (Full, Main and Reception), seating 300, 200 or 150 guests respectively
- Imperial Suite – close to the Members Restaurant, with its own kitchen and seating for 60
- Paddock View Suite – in an elevated position with good views of the Parade Ring and the winners’ enclosure, offering seating for up to 30
- Park View Suite – comprising the full second floor of the Eclipse Pavilion, with seating for 180
- Solario Suite – on the first floor of grandstand, overlooking the finishing straight; seats up to 200
For more information about Sandown Park hospitality options, including package deals, see Coral Eclipse Stakes tickets.
Who do you think will win the 2009 Eclipse Stakes?